Das Forum für Ausländer & Migranten in Österreich  

Zurueck   Das Forum für Ausländer & Migranten in Österreich > Auslaender.AT > Auslaender.at Beratungsforum
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beitraege Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By insider

Antwort

LinkBack Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 02-09-2018, 01:35
Auslaender

Beitraege: 2
grigors04 is on a distinguished road
Standard questions about residence permit

i would be very grateful if someone could answer the following questions i have about EU and Austria in particular.

i have a possibility to work at the University of Vienna as a professor. i am a US citizen and my wife is a Polish (EU) citizen. My parents depend on me, in that they live in my house rent free, and I cover all the major expanses for them. They depend on me, and without me they cannot survive.

I would like to know the answer to the following question.

1. will it be possible to bring my parents with me to Austria?

2. if yes, can i use my health insurance that i will get from the University to cover their health insurance?

Again, i am very thankful for any information i could be provided. I apologize for use of English, my German is very weak at this point.

Sincerely,
Grigor

Alt 02-09-2018, 13:13
Auslaender

Beitraege: 66
andreos is on a distinguished road
Standard

Hi Grigor,

generally it could be possible, but your wife should come to Austria and use so called "Freizügigkeit-EU" option, which is possibe, if she e.g. would work in Austria.

Then if you would have several proofes, that you (your family) covered/covers/will cover their expences (actually doesn't matter how much is it), you could also use "Freizügigkeit-EU" option for them and apply for issuing the "Aufenthaltskarte", which is a document, that certifies their legal stay in Austria.

Howerver it can take some time, friend of mine got such a card for his mother 1,5 years after application.

Cheers
André
Alt 02-09-2018, 13:31
Auslaender

Beitraege: 149
insider is on a distinguished road
Standard

ad 2. Impossible, you have to pay for the health insurance of your parents. And there is a problem, the first six months you have to pay without entitlement of the performance.

BTW: Aufenthaltskarte = residence card of a family member of a union citizen
andreos likes this.
Alt 02-09-2018, 13:53
Auslaender

Beitraege: 66
andreos is on a distinguished road
Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von insider Beitrag anzeigen
ad 2. Impossible, you have to pay for the health insurance of your parents. And there is a problem, the first six months you have to pay without entitlement of the performance.

BTW: Aufenthaltskarte = residence card of a family member of a union citizen
Thanx, insider. One note yet. Depending on the parents age, private insurance is not always possible. And in that case only state one is possible, which is not so cheap: around 450 EUR/month/person. And as mentioned above, it starts to cover medical expences only 6 months after getting insurance contract.
Alt 02-09-2018, 14:33
Auslaender

Beitraege: 149
insider is on a distinguished road
Standard

For 2018: EUR 418,69/person/month
Alt 02-09-2018, 20:39
Auslaender

Beitraege: 2
grigors04 is on a distinguished road
Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von insider Beitrag anzeigen
For 2018: EUR 418,69/person/month
Thank you very very much, both of you.

Can you please tell me if my wife can get Freizügigkeit-EU without having a job? She will move with me, but as there will be a newborn, she probably will not be able to work.

Also, can you recommend me an immigration lawyer?

Thanks once again.

sincerely,
grigor
Alt 02-09-2018, 21:11
Auslaender

Beitraege: 14.399
helpingshands is on a distinguished road
Standard

The insurance fee can be reduced according to your income.

Sort of "bad luck" with the timeframe: if your wife is here for "private/Personal reason", you will have to show (some) income and health insurance to get the Aufenthaltskarte

regards
Peter
Antwort

Stichworte
health insurance, parents, residence permi

Themen-Optionen
Ansicht