Das Forum für Ausländer & Migranten in Österreich  

Zurueck   Das Forum für Ausländer & Migranten in Österreich > Auslaender.AT > Auslaender.at Beratungsforum
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beitraege Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

Antwort

LinkBack Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 02-15-2018, 00:44
Auslaender

Beitraege: 11
alexadamenko is on a distinguished road
Standard Zweckänderung, tough one

Hi everyone! I need some advice, badly.

Sorry for English, but it's much quicker for me, although I know German.
I have a question regarding the system and want to ask if my assumptions make sense. My wife and I are living in Vienna for the last 3 years, we were doing Master studies and using Aufenthaltsbewilligung – Studierender for the whole period. The problem is, that my wife had finished her studies and now we are kinda screwed. I will explain the situation.

After finishing studies, my wife received a legal permit to stay in the country for 6 months because of the § 64 Abs. 4 of the old NAG.

Zitat:
Drittstaatsangehörigen, die ein Studium gemäß Abs. 1 Z 2 erfolgreich abgeschlossen haben und die Erteilung eines Aufenthaltstitels gemäß § 41 anstreben, kann auf Antrag einmalig bestätigt werden, dass ein weiterer Aufenthalt im Bundesgebiet für einen Zeitraum von sechs Monaten zum Zweck der Arbeitssuche erlaubt ist

The document, that she received is qualified as an Aufenthaltstitel according to the § 8 Abs. 1 Z 10 NAG.

Zitat:
Aufenthaltstitel werden erteilt als:
„Aufenthaltsbewilligung“ für einen vorübergehenden befristeten Aufenthalt im Bundesgebiet zu einem bestimmten Zweck (§§ 58 bis 69).

Then, when she found an employer, she applied for RWR in Austria as Ersteintrag because of the old § 21 Abs. 2 Z 8 NAG.
Zitat:

Abweichend von Abs. 1 sind zur Antragstellung im Inland berechtigt:
Drittstaatsangehörige, die einen Aufenthaltstitel „Rot-Weiß-Rot – Karte“ gemäß § 41 beantragen, während ihres rechtmäßigen Aufenthaltes im Bundesgebiet mit einer Bestätigung gemäß § 64 Abs. 4;

Then the problem starts: the employer has withdrawn Arbeitgebererklärung. After signing a contract, being aware of all the RWR details etc. But that’s not the point, the important thing is that RWR submission can’t positively proceed anymore After they have withdrawn Arbeitgebererklärung, my wife visited MA-35 and they said that she needs to immediately leave the country for some reason. Then my wife came up with an idea to change the Antrag to Familienangehörige(I’m still a student), and MA-35 said that it solves the problem and everything is fine and they are redirecting the documents to local MA-35. (all docs are available). After 6 weeks after that, we figured out that documents were lying in local MA-35, then they’ve sent it back to main MA-35.
Yesterday my wife visited them again and they said again that she probably needs to leave.They are insisting that her current Aufenthaltstitel not valid, but i don't understand how it can be true it's a contradiction.I’m trying to figure this all out.

I’ve read NAG(old one and new one), partly NAG-DV a bit of AuslBG and some other stuff and that’s what I’ve found.

The same paragraph § 21 NAG states, that she can legally stay up to the expiration time of the previous residence permit, according to § 21 Abs. 6 NAG.

Zitat:
Eine Inlandsantragstellung nach Abs. 2 Z 1, Z 4 bis 9, Abs. 3 und 5 schafft kein über den erlaubten visumfreien oder visumpflichtigen Aufenthalt hinausgehendes Bleiberecht. Ebenso steht sie der Erlassung und Durchführung von Maßnahmen nach dem FPG nicht entgegen und kann daher in Verfahren nach dem FPG keine aufschiebende Wirkung entfalten.

If I'm correct, that means that after the RWR submission, she still has right to stay up to the expiration date of the Aufenthaltstitel and the Aufenthaltstitel is valid. If it would be not valid, it contradicts the § 21 Abs. 6 NAG.

In § 10 NAG (Ungültigkeit und Gegenstandslosigkeit von Aufenthaltstiteln) there is no indication that Aufenthalt should be canceled upon submission of the documents for a new one, only after the new document is issued and it's aligned with § 21 Abs. 6.
The paragraph § 26 NAG Zweckänderungsverfahren states, that anyone with valid Aufenthaltstitel can apply for Zweckänderung:

Zitat:
Wenn der Fremde den Aufenthaltszweck während seines Aufenthalts in Österreich ändern will, hat er dies der Behörde im Inland unverzüglich bekannt zu geben. Eine Zweckänderung ist nur zulässig, wenn der Fremde die Voraussetzungen für den beantragten Aufenthaltstitel erfüllt und ein gegebenenfalls erforderlicher Quotenplatz zur Verfügung steht. Sind alle Voraussetzungen gegeben, hat der Fremde einen Rechtsanspruch auf Erteilung dieses Aufenthaltstitels.

So, if all the assumptions above are correct, the current Aufenthalt, which is valid, probably can be changed for a new one inside the country according to the § 26 NAG.
Additionally, when my wife changed her Antrag to Familienangehörige, she paid not 100 eur as for Erstantrag, but 14,30 eur as for Zweckänderung. We have the bill, if needed.

Idea is that RWR submission can be replaced and instead become a Zweckänderungsantrag for her current Aufenthaltstitel. The misunderstanding can be the result of Ersteintrag of RWR, as normally Ersteintrag is done outside the country. But I don't see how it can influence the ability to use § 26 NAG and change the purpose of the current resident permit. As you can't have two submissions in the same time and a new one is not Ersteintrag but Zweckänderung, it should be possible in theory to apply to change the permit.

Moreover, in the new revision of NAG § 81 Übergangsbestimmungen Abs. 45 is written:

Zitat:
Vor dem 1. Oktober 2017 ausgestellte Bestätigungen gemäß § 64 Abs. 4 gelten innerhalb ihrer Gültigkeitsdauer und ihres Berechtigungsumfanges als Bestätigungen gemäß § 64 Abs. 4 in der Fassung vor dem BundesgesetzBGBl. I Nr. 145/2017 bis 31. März 2018 weiter. § 21 Abs. 2 Z 8 in der Fassung vor Inkrafttreten des Bundesgesetzes BGBl. I Nr. 145/2017 gilt für Inhaber solcher Bestätigungen bis 31. März 2018 weiter.

So, the old Titel rules should work as before.

Please tell me if a have flaws in this logic, but I just wanted to know if there are any underlying laws, which can explain the situation more correctly. I am not a lawyer, but if my understanding is correct then it should be possible to submit an application to change the current residence permit to another one. If the procedure takes longer than the length of current Aufenthaltstitel, then she will need to leave and wait for the decision in the home country. In theory, she should be able to change the current Title not only to Familienangehörige, but to any other one using §26.(i'm aware, that in the new NAG it's not possible anymore, but there is a new § 64 Abs. 4, which is not working in this case because of the NAG § 81 Abs. 45).

Please if you have any suggestions on the situation or just what's the best strategy, in this case, it will be really helpful. Lawyer suggestions are welcomed as well. The goal is not to do a new Antrag from the home country but proceed with internal one.I wanted to apply for RWR myself soon, but this whole situation can be really painful.

Thanks. Will go and read some more laws.

Alt 02-15-2018, 12:11
Auslaender

Beitraege: 14.797
helpingshands is on a distinguished road
Standard

The problem is a different - twofold - one:

1) is that the "6-months temporary status" does not fit into the regular residence permit categories; it's probably (althoiugh that's an interpretation by me without a sound basis in the law) sort of a visa which will be seen as residence permit if you get a RWR-card later. Until then, it's NOT a residence permit and you can skip all you read about renewal/change of the reason applications. With the expiry, the legal staus is gone. Therefore we advised against that route - bad luck for your wife.

2) is there a limitation which types of permit can be applied for: The only "exit strategy" is RWR. If she finds a different employer, fine, if not, the staus is gone and she has to leave. She also has to leave if the 6 months expire before the RWR card is issued.

What to do now: Your wife has the sole chance to find a different employer. You will have to file a Zweckänderung towards an independent student permit if you have "Familiengemeinschaft" with her at the moment.
With the expiry of the 6 months, your wife has to leave and do a new initial application from abroad (or she is from a country with a visa waiver agreement, then the visa-free 90 days will start after expiry of the 6 months, during those days she can file any initial application from inside Austria)

regards
Peter
Alt 02-15-2018, 13:27
Auslaender

Standard

Thanks a lot for the consultation. It is really helpful.

1) i got it, the chances are low (the part of the legal reason could be § 2. Abs. 3 NAG probably)
2) Please correct me if i'm wrong.The expiration date of her "Bestaetigung über den rechtmäßigen Aufenthalt in Oesterreich" is on the 14. March. Theoretically if she will find a job, submit RWR documents inside the country and RWR will be not issued till 14. March she will need to leave. But will she need to apply for RWR again abroad or just wait for the decision and come later just to receive the card?

I have my own student visa, a job and an employer that will apply for RWR for me so there are not so many problems here.

Some questions: if she will not find an employer and leave, is there any limitations on what type of Aufenthaltstitel she can apply for? (as my wife, as a student again MA or PhD as she has a professor who wants to be a Betreuer and a possible project). I'm aware that Ersteintrag will take months again, but wanted to know if other opportunities are opened.

I've read some similar topics, but didn't find an answer to this one as well: if she will lose legal status and go home, will the § 12b Z2 and § 4 Abs. 7 Z3 from AuslBG (no Arbeitsmarktprüfung) still be valid? Would be great if she lose that as well.

Don't want to complaint about anything, it's just a bit nervos at the moment.We've tried to do everything as fast as possible finishing the MA studies and using this 6 months "visa" but apparently that was not the right thing to do. I'm curious, maybe you can share your experience, how often do such cases appear?

Br
Alex

Geaendert von alexadamenko (02-15-2018 um 14:04 Uhr).
Alt 02-15-2018, 13:41
Auslaender

Standard

Oh, there one thing again:

Imaginary scenario: she applies for RWR, receives it, work for employer.
I receive the RWR as well in the meantime. Two questions arise:

1) can she change her RWR inside the country and go back to studies, for example? Should be possible. She wanted to do PhD, but decided to look for a job first.

2) can she apply for RWR-plus as my wife?

I feel sorry for asking so many questions, I know that some of them are stupid, but after i've received so many contradictory info from MA I will better ask them. I will bring some candies and cookies to your office later=).

Br
Alex

Geaendert von alexadamenko (02-15-2018 um 14:05 Uhr).
Alt 02-15-2018, 14:12
Auslaender

Beitraege: 2.921
Küchenjurist is on a distinguished road
Standard

Das Verfahren über einen zulässigen Inlands-Erstantrag läuft auch nach der Ausreise weiter. Inlands- und Auslandsverfahren unterscheiden sich nicht.
Zweckänderung von RWR auf etwas anderes ist zulässig (nachdem RWR erteilt wurde).
Alt 02-15-2018, 14:38
Auslaender

Standard

Thank you, that's good news!

And what about Auslands-Erstantrag? Are there any limitations on the type of Erstantrag if the previous "visa" - Aufenthaltsbewilligung expires or she can do any type of Erstantrag?

Arbeitsmarktprüfung is still a question, but as far as I understood she will be still Studenabsolvent, so there should be no Arbeitsmarktprüfung even if she leaves and apply from abroad.
Alt 02-15-2018, 15:53
Auslaender

Standard

I'm visiting MA-35 today again, the question is the following: month ago they have changed the application type to Erstantrag Familienangehoerige. As far as I understood, it was not possible as with the current AB only RWR is available.

How can it be and can we change it back to RWR now? How could they change the Antrag to the one which is not eligible under the current AB? I'm confused and seems that they are as well. Probably, they have used new § 64 Abs.5.

Zitat:
Die Änderung des Aufenthaltszwecks als Inhaber einer Aufenthaltsbewilligung für Studierende gemäß Abs. 4 im Rahmen eines Zweckänderungsverfahrens (§ 26) oder eines Verfahrens gemäß § 24 Abs. 4 ist nur in den Fällen des § 41 oder § 47 Abs. 2 zulässig.

and § 47 Abs. 2

Zitat:
(2) Drittstaatsangehörigen, die Familienangehörige von Zusammenführenden sind, ist ein Aufenthaltstitel „Familienangehöriger“ zu erteilen, wenn sie die Voraussetzungen des 1. Teiles erfüllen.

But what should we do?
Alt 02-15-2018, 18:06
Auslaender

Beitraege: 14.797
helpingshands is on a distinguished road
Standard

First - please keep the postings short and don't mix up issues, otherwise you risk "complicated answers"

Any initial application from abroad is open to any category existing in NAG. Just let's list the options:

In Vienna, there is only RWR with a new employer possible. An open proceeding will be continued if she does not overstay, so please leave in time if there is a new job - otherwise there is an easy and quick rejection due to overstaying with no legal remedies

Abroad, we have the major options (a) student for any study she gets admission, (b) RWR as university graduate - AMS sometimes think you have to apply within one year after finishing studies, save there is an open PhD-study, but there is no legal basis for this assumption, (c) Aufenthaltsbewilligung-Familiengemeinschaft with you as a student (most limited possibilities, but maybe a quick basis for return if there's no job offer and no study admission

MA 35 obviousely opted for (c) - as there is no application for that (or did they "convince" your wife to sign such a Zweckänderung?), she may just state she never applied for that. And it's § 69, you are not Austrian

regards
Peter

Geaendert von helpingshands (02-15-2018 um 18:09 Uhr).
Alt 02-15-2018, 19:02
Auslaender

Standard

Ok, I will try to keep it short.

I would not say that they "convinced" her directly, were saying that she needs to leave immediately after employer withdrawn Arbeitgebererklärung. We have received the notification to come to MA-35 and explain the situation in two weeks after he did it - she came on the next day and explained the situation. MA-35 was insisting that they need to close RWR Antrag and therefore she needs to leave. That's why they came up with this Familiengemeinschaft solution, and MA-35 said that's a good idea forgetting to mention that she can't change the Zweck from RWR to Familiengemeinschaft internally using the document she has. It was at the beginning of January, and there is a document proving the change of Antrag status.

Today I visited MA-35 with her and explained the whole story. I've asked if she can change the Zweck back from Familiengemeinschaft to RWR and use the remaining month(till 14. March) to try to find a new job and proceed with internal RWR proceeding. MA-35 tried to argue that she had enough time after the first notification and that they can't provide more time.After I beg them and some discussion with colleagues, they said that she can change it back and stay until 14.March.Probably it was because her Familiengemeinschaft application didn't start - the person responsible for it will come only next week.

As you said, if she will find a new Arbeitgebererklärung it's fine and she can wait for the decision in the homeland if RWR will take more than 1 month.At least that is what they say. We did a new change from Familiengemeinschaft to RWR Antrag.

I still have some concerns and I don't know how legit is it. I fear that they can roll everything back and say that the whole story was not legal. Hope it will be fine in case she finds a job.What is the probability that it is really bad (violation of residence laws or something like this) or maybe you recommend other option on this case?

Br
Alex

Geaendert von alexadamenko (02-15-2018 um 21:50 Uhr).
Alt 02-15-2018, 22:17
Auslaender

Beitraege: 2.921
Küchenjurist is on a distinguished road
Standard

Die alte Bestätigung gemäß § 64 Abs.4 NAG gilt noch bis 14.03.2017.
Da es sich um keinen Aufenthaltstitel handelt, ist eine Zweckänderung ausgeschlossen.
§ 21 Abs.2 Z.8 NAG in der für diesen Fall noch geltenden Altfassung erlaubt während der Gültigkeitsdauer der Bestätigung ausschließlich einen Inlands-Erstantrag auf RWR.
Da gemäß § 19 Abs.2 NAG mehrere Anträge gleichzeitig unzulässig sind, müssen Sie spätestens vor einem neuen Antrag auf RWR alle derzeit anhängigen Anträge zurückziehen.
Vom Ausland aus kann was auch immer beantragt werden.

Falls Ihre Frau aus einem "sichtvermerksfreien" Land stammt, kann sie auch noch nach dem 14.03. für die sichtvermerksfreien drei Monate (Japan: sechs Monate) im Land bleiben und einen Inlands-Erstantrag nach § 21 Abs.5, 6, 7 oder 8 NAG stellen.

Ihr "Kardinalfehler" war, daß nicht rechtzeitig noch während der Gültigkeitsdauer der AB-Student ein Verlängerungs- und/oder Zweckänderungsantrag auf eine weitere AB gestellt wurde.
Die Chance, daß abgesehen vom Gesagten eine Inlands-Erstantragstellung nach § 21 Abs.3 NAG zugelassen würde, sehe ich aufgrund der vom VwGH hierfür verlangten zwingenden humanitären Gründe als eher gering an.
Antwort

Themen-Optionen
Ansicht