Das Forum für Ausländer & Migranten in Österreich  

Zurueck   Das Forum für Ausländer & Migranten in Österreich > Auslaender.AT > Auslaender.at Beratungsforum
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beitraege Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

Antwort

LinkBack Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 04-11-2018, 13:45
Auslaender

Beitraege: 1
selmagolos is on a distinguished road
Question Werkvertrag as a student with visa

Hi,

I am a student of informatics (Bachelor) and I come from Bosnia and Herzegovina (so I have a student visa). I also regularly pay health insurance at wgkk (important info for further questions)
So recently I got a job offer that would be under the Werkvertrag. As far as I understood I am able to work like that even as an international student? I also do not need a "Beschaeftigungsbewilligung" from AMS (something I read on this website)?

Further on I am supposed to get social/health insurance that I would pay around 10Euro/month and I am supposed to get something called "Gewerbeschein".

Now my questions are:

1. What is Gewerbeschein? What does it mean exactly as I didn't really understand the whole concept.

2. Am I allowed to work under this type of contract (as a student from Bosnia), or will I put my student visa and student status in danger somehow?

3. Is it possible that the amount that I pay for my wgkk insurance increases?

4. Is it possible that the amount that I need to have on my account when applying for a visa prolongation, increases somehow?

5. Do you know any "Beratungstelle" where I can go and get the answers to these questions (in case I don't get them this way )?

As you can see I am very confused about this, since it would be my first time working in Austria and I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you so much in advance!

Alt 04-11-2018, 15:24
Auslaender

Beitraege: 79
andreos is on a distinguished road
Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von selmagolos Beitrag anzeigen
Hi,

I am a student of informatics (Bachelor) and I come from Bosnia and Herzegovina (so I have a student visa). I also regularly pay health insurance at wgkk (important info for further questions)
So recently I got a job offer that would be under the Werkvertrag. As far as I understood I am able to work like that even as an international student? I also do not need a "Beschaeftigungsbewilligung" from AMS (something I read on this website)?

Further on I am supposed to get social/health insurance that I would pay around 10Euro/month and I am supposed to get something called "Gewerbeschein".

Now my questions are:

1. What is Gewerbeschein? What does it mean exactly as I didn't really understand the whole concept.

2. Am I allowed to work under this type of contract (as a student from Bosnia), or will I put my student visa and student status in danger somehow?

3. Is it possible that the amount that I pay for my wgkk insurance increases?

4. Is it possible that the amount that I need to have on my account when applying for a visa prolongation, increases somehow?

5. Do you know any "Beratungstelle" where I can go and get the answers to these questions (in case I don't get them this way )?

As you can see I am very confused about this, since it would be my first time working in Austria and I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you so much in advance!
1) Gewerbeschein is just a licence (in your case free one), which entitles you to do freelance job.
2) Yes, it's allowed
3) That I don't understand, but actually you will automatically get SVGW insurance, and you don't need WGKK any more. And SVGW insurance costs much more than 10 EUR/month
4) You can count all your income from Werkvertrag for your residence permit prolongation(this is actually what you have and not a visa).
5) Just go to WKO, they will explain you everything and they can register you for your freelance work.
Alt 04-12-2018, 11:00
Auslaender

Beitraege: 15.380
helpingshands is on a distinguished road
Standard

Please be careful if the "Werkvertrag" really is independent work; if it's classified as "freier Dienstvetrag", you would need a work permit. And the fine line between those categories is a difficult one, we can only check an exisiting contract.

Any health insurance starts with a certain amount of income - you did not mention how much you expect to get out of this contract.

And for the student permit: Be aware that the residence authority acts with zero tolerance if you miss the required 8 study hours a week/16 ECTS

regards
Peter
Antwort

Stichworte
arbeit in österreich, student, visa, werkvertrag

Themen-Optionen
Ansicht