Das Forum für Ausländer & Migranten in Österreich  

Zurueck   Das Forum für Ausländer & Migranten in Österreich > Auslaender.AT > Beratung Aufenthalt Österreich
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beitraege Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

Antwort

LinkBack Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 02-28-2018, 10:15
Auslaender

Beitraege: 2
Whateveranna is on a distinguished road
Cool Austrian never lived in Austria wish to return

Hello member

Apologies; my German is not very good. This e-mail is therefore in English. Sorry for the inconvenience.

From my readings and to the best of my understanding, for a residence permit (to live in Austria) to be issued in the future for my foreign husband(South Africa), some of the conditions that must be met are as follows:

1. I must have a source of income IN AUSTRIA
2. I must have an official address/ accommodation IN AUSTRIA

I currently do not live in Austria. I was born with dual citizenship and have lived away since I was young and do not have a source of income or address/ accommodation in Austria. Therefore my questions are as follows:

1.a Is it possible for my husband to obtain a residence permit based on our income outside of Austria?

2.a Is it possible for my husband to obtain a residence permit if I do not have an address/ accommodation in Austria?

My husband and I hope to spend more time in Austria in the future. Together with some of my family in Austria, we have aspirations of starting a business together in Austria some time in the future. These are the reasons for enquiring about the residence permit.

We appreciate you taking the time to answer our questions. Also, if you have any information or advice that would be beneficial to our circumstances, we would be very grateful.

Geaendert von Whateveranna (02-28-2018 um 10:19 Uhr).

Alt 02-28-2018, 12:32
Auslaender

Beitraege: 70
andreos is on a distinguished road
Standard

Residence permit assumes, that you live in Austria for more than 6 months per year.
Therefore at least the second condition (accomodation) shall be fulfilled.
Alt 02-28-2018, 14:01
Auslaender

Beitraege: 14.504
helpingshands is on a distinguished road
Standard

The income from abroad is no problem as long as it's documented in a proper way and sufficient (2018 figures for a couple: € 1363 net per month plus accomodation if it's higher than € 288, the amount above 288).

You have to show the right for the accomodation, with the permit being issued, the stay of min. 183 days a year will start (otherwise the permit is invalid/could be withdrawn and you start from scratch up)

regards
Peter
Alt 02-28-2018, 17:48
Auslaender

Beitraege: 2
Whateveranna is on a distinguished road
Standard

Thanks for your kind advices

So money isn't an issue but housing is.

I don't have a place in Austria and from what you are saying is that I must now at least find a place in Austria and rent it to get the lease agreement. That is suggesting that we go to Austria with him on tourist visa and find a place to rent then apply for residence permit.

What happened if we then fail to get the residence permit? then we are stuck with the paying for the lease.

Is there other way? I do have family members in Austria. Is it possible to share a house with them and get some sort of document for that?

Thanks again people
Alt 02-28-2018, 20:08
Auslaender

Beitraege: 2.753
Küchenjurist is on a distinguished road
Standard

Yes, they have to grant you a so-called Wohnrecht (don't mistake that with the Wohnrecht that can be intabulated in the real estate register; what you need would simply be a contract saying that you may use the object for a certain time, so that is kind of a loan contract; a precariate would not be sufficient).
Antwort

Stichworte
residence permit

Themen-Optionen
Ansicht