Das Forum für Ausländer & Migranten in Österreich  

Zurueck   Das Forum für Ausländer & Migranten in Österreich > Auslaender.AT > Beratung Studenten
Registrieren Hilfe Benutzerliste Kalender Suchen Heutige Beitraege Alle Foren als gelesen markieren

Antwort

LinkBack Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 01-10-2012, 00:21
Auslaender

Beitraege: 2
slash1k is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Extention of the Student Visa

Dear all,

I'm a student from Belarus doing my master program at the UniWien (English language and linguistics). 1-st year of studies.

I have a very important questions regarding extention of my Student Visa.

FACTS:

1) I couldn't start with Sommer Semester 2011, because the embassy issued my Austrian visa too long (6 month), that's why I was too late for the first semester of studies.

2) During Sommer I applied for an internship program at the United Nations.
The response was positive and I couldn't miss my chance to undergo practical training at an international organization. (From the 5 September - till the 28 February). I can't attend studies as I work all weeks long from 9.30am till 5.30pm.

3) My visa expires on the 22-nd of February.

My question:

Is it possible to explain to the Magistrat ofiicials my situation. Do I have any chance to extend my Visa? By the way, Some friends of mine told me that after the first year of studies they don't ask in Magistrat positive grades from the university. Is it true?

Thank you for your attention!
Please, fell free to ask me any questions to make the described above situation more clear!

I speak German as well, but English is more easy for me =)

Stanislav

Alt 01-10-2012, 11:40
Auslaender

Beitraege: 14.504
helpingshands is on a distinguished road
Standard

If there is the obligation to pass a German language test, any proof of learning German could be sufficient. But you clearly miss the reason of your resindece permit - the authority will definitely not be happy with that - good luck.

reagrds,
Peter
Alt 01-10-2012, 16:54
Auslaender

Beitraege: 2
slash1k is on a distinguished road
Standard

My master program is in Enlish... so I didn't attend German courses.

I just wonder if Magistrat can make concessions, because I have missed first semester because of their cause? But with second everything is clear...
Alt 01-11-2012, 21:10
Auslaender

Beitraege: 14.504
helpingshands is on a distinguished road
Standard

If you start studying later, no problem, you can explain that your study progress is smaller. but you missed the second semester due to the internship, and that IS a problem

regards,
Peter
Antwort

Stichworte
extend, need help, student, visa

Themen-Optionen
Ansicht